We recommend that your Mixter Maxter Knitwear is gently washed after being worn three or four times. Lambswool knitwear can be hand-washed or dry cleaned. We recommend hand-washing, following these simple guidelines:
1. Your Mixter Maxter Knitwear should be hand washed in lukewarm water (35 Degrees C) using wool shampoo or a similar type of detergent.
2. Gently squeeze the suds through the fabric, taking care not to rub, wring or stretch the garment.
3. Rinse thoroughly but carefully in clean lukewarm water. Saturated garments should not be lifted before excess water has been squeezed out as they may stretch. A short light spin in a washing machine will remove most of the water.
4. Smooth the garment back into its original shape and place on a towel to dry naturally away from direct heat such as radiators or direct sunlight.
DO NOT TUMBLE DRY.
5. When dry, press lightly with a cool iron.
After wearing your new lambswool garment for the first few times you may find small balls of fibre forming on the surface. These small balls or ‘pills’ are caused by some of the lose fibres tangling together as areas of your garment are rubbed during wear. Pills can easily be removed by hand or using a depiling knitwear comb.
You will find that after lavishing a little care and attention on your Mixter Maxter Knitwear, and removing pills in this way, the garment will actually consolidate and soften in handle and touch.
Like fine wine, lambswool will improve with age if cared for properly.